THE EMERGING WORLD
what is the emerging world
The emerging world consists of countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East that have seen steady economic growth, but have the potential of holistic transformation through innovating, cultivating and creating new stewardship businesses.
The emerging world goes beyond the business context of economics in developing countries. It is the center of the world's population, the center of poverty and the center of world religions.
why the emerging world
It is the center of the world's population, the center of poverty and the center of world religions.
CENTER OF POPULATION
- Two-thirds of the world's population lives in the emerging world.
CENTER OF POVERTY
- The emerging world is the home of 85% of the world's poorest of the poor.
- The average person lives on less than $2 a day or $500 per year.
- Most do not have access to basic services of healthcare, education, safe drinking water and adequate nutrition.
- Over three billion people are denied the freedom to even teach ideas, much less have the opportunity to pursue education.
CENTER OF WORLD RELIGIONS
- The emerging world is home to the birthplaces of Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism